It was a tiring trip, but we were greeted and welcomed, unpacked and picked up some groceries...all by dinner. And boy, do I feel better. Not settled, but better...It's 4 hours behind Denver here, so we will be trying to stay up, then head to bed for some much needed rest. Trust me...we ALL need it...you should have seen these kids in the commissary. Completely at the top of their obnoxious game...making a grand impression, I'll tell you.
Why is it that just when you really want your kids to make a GOOD impression, your youngest picks her nose and hands it to you to clean off the "booger" while you're swiping your debit card at the checkout? Or your son has diarreah of the mouth, telling your ride, whom you've known for all of a 1/2 hour, that you crashed your van 2 years ago, were arrested for talking on the cell phone, etc.? And, when you try to correct him (it WAS only a ticket, after all), he proceeds to pursue it, trying to make you look unfit?
Plus, we found out that they start school here on July 30th...not August, like I thought. So, to add pressure, we have to have somewhere to live soon, so we can get them registered. I guess summer is over...We had to break the news to Sabrina.
At least we had a great trip, and visits with everyone the past few weeks. It will have to tide us over until fall break when we can take a good family vacation, unless we can get around on the weekends enough to explore our new home and environment. Aloha!

5 comments:
Glad to hear you made it, although I would have wished you a smoother trip. I love the picture! Keep us posted. I'm looking forward to your first surfing post!
yay! So glad you made it. I'm so jealous of you. Good luck finding a place to live.
Thanks for stopping in while you were in Ut. It was so fun to see you. You really do have cute kids, even if they pick their boogers and tattle on you.
JULY??!! That's so soon! Sorry Sabrina!
Good luck house hunting. I hope you find something quickly!
The picture with the leis make it look like a holiday--even though it must not be with kids doing their thangs! That is a bummer about school starting so soon, but hopefully it gets out sooner or at least has more breaks (since you won't be getting snow days...) Tell Hayden hello. He needs to start learning magic, that boy! Our Primary class is much tamer but he always livened it up.
Lucky you! Love the picture! We've got sun and surf here...well, we have sun and when the afternoon storms hit, we have surf moving down the street!
Hope all goes well with the house hunting!
Post a Comment