McKENNA TURNS FIVE!
Yes, my baby is now 5. Officially a kindergartener, loves her princess and little miss socialite...it's such a turning point...that 5th birthday. I guess I can always call her my baby, but she really isn't anymore, is she?
To mark these milestones, we give the kids big "friend" parties for the biggie birthdays, 5, 8, 12, 16...So, for this one, I wanted to do something to capitalize on the Hawaii angle...you know, at the beach, or a hula party or something. I mean how many birthdays will she be able to celebrate at the beach, being October and all.... But, No.Way. She would have nothing other than a princess party. I was able to squeeze a pool in there, but for the most part, it was pink and princesses all the way.
Early in the week, I knew for me it was going to be about the cake...so armed with some ideas, and McKenna looking over my shoulder, I researched some pretty cool, pretty pink, castle cakes. Some with turrets, some with dolls, some with drawbridges. I printed some ideas, combined some features, and after 2 days of working on it...this is what I came up with.
Dennis kept looking at the ideas and progress and said, "you're really going to do that?" And, McKenna would stop him with "It's pretty daddy!" So, I know she loved it...which made the work worth it.
For the party, McKenna greeted her guests as Cinderella. The girls played dress up and "Pin the Princess on the Castle", rocked a princess pinata, and played in the pool. After cake, presents, and shaved ice...the girls left with tiaras and lip gloss in their goody bags. It was a lot of fun, the girls were great, and she was able to enjoy some friends in the neighborhood.
Afterwards we came home and gave her our gifts to her...a pretty snow white dress-up, cards from grandparents, and a dollhouse that she loves so far.
So, happy 5th birthday, baby...enjoy!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday McKenna! Niki is right behind you turning 5 in December. She is so girly girl. funny about the bowling alley!
I'm glad she got her princess party. She certainly looks like a little princess in these pics! BTW, I know what you mean and agree with you that you can always call her your baby even though they really aren't babies anymore.
Give them all hugs and kisses from their Aunt Peggy!
To McKenna, From McKenna: I really hope that you had a fun birthday. I liked your cake and presents. I miss you, I really want you to come back to your house. Bye!
Post a Comment