Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Saturday, March 5, 2011

You can't whaaaaat?

Dear Leslie,
You may have thought that you had encountered the only crazy person working in a military facility...But, I have to tell you that AAFES does not have the monopoly on hiring people with mental disorders.

Tonight I went looking around the appliances at the Navy exchange. I have been contemplating red appliances (I know, you're thinking "I luuuuuv me some red!" right now...) So, I saw on an aisle they had on display a red toaster, coffee maker, crockpot, rice cooker, and hand mixer. I started looking for the toaster...an off-brand, but hey, for $15, I could afford to replace mine for a trendy pop of red on my counter.

So, I finally found a box....uh, empty. None other could I find. But, a salesperson was right there. I asked her about it. She said it was probably the display box....

Me: I don't see any others...
Her: We've probably sold them all.
Me: Can I have the display?
Her: We don't sell the display.
Me: Are you going to get more in?
Her: No, it was promotional for Valentines.
Me: So....what happens to the display?
Her: It's NEX policy, we don't sell any displays (as she leans down to PUT THE EMPTY BOX BACK ON THE SHELF!)
Me: So, why do you have a toaster on display you can't sell me?
Her: Um....
Me: Don't you think you should take down the display if you don't have any more, and can't sell the display?
Her: Oh, we will....(as she turns and walks away from me, back to the end cap she was straightening...)

Yes, Leslie, Navy has their own brand of crazy! BTW, had the ending ruined for any movies lately?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Lisa, where are your super shopper skills? Just grab the toaster, the empty box and run! What's she going to do, tackle you? If she did, that would be super. Plus I would do anything for red.

Lisa said...

Now, why didn't I think of that? I totally could have taken her.