So, I'm just realizing, when the weather is gray my mood is different, my energy is different...I think I'm just one of those people that thrive in the sunshine. Having grown up in California, I don't think I realized this before...that my moods could be tied to the weather. But, it's something that has been so reinforced here, especially lately...I'm so glad to be getting back to some sun! Kinda makes these last throes of winter a little more bearable...just a little. Come on spring!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
A beautiful Spring day...NOT!
I was ready to sing the praises of Spring...the last week has been getting warmer...mid 40's usually in the day and a few sunny days. You don't see many of those during winter in Germany. So, that means spring is arriving, not to mention the calendar does say the 25th of March. It's really time. What a tease Mother Nature is. Here is what I woke up to today:
Now, in December, January, OK...no problem--bring on the snow...but, March 24th? Really? After 5 of these winters...I am so ready for some sun! Don't get me wrong. Germany is beautiful...really beautiful...lots of lush and green. It was the first thing I noticed when we arrived the first time around in 1994. I soon realized it's all this wintry, drizzly weather that prepares that lush landscape. It's long, and it's cold, and it's gray. So, when we get those few beautiful days of real warm summer sunshine...enjoy them while you can. They are fleeting here.
So, I'm just realizing, when the weather is gray my mood is different, my energy is different...I think I'm just one of those people that thrive in the sunshine. Having grown up in California, I don't think I realized this before...that my moods could be tied to the weather. But, it's something that has been so reinforced here, especially lately...I'm so glad to be getting back to some sun! Kinda makes these last throes of winter a little more bearable...just a little. Come on spring!
So, I'm just realizing, when the weather is gray my mood is different, my energy is different...I think I'm just one of those people that thrive in the sunshine. Having grown up in California, I don't think I realized this before...that my moods could be tied to the weather. But, it's something that has been so reinforced here, especially lately...I'm so glad to be getting back to some sun! Kinda makes these last throes of winter a little more bearable...just a little. Come on spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No kidding, that was such a bad joke for Mother Nature to play on the souls living in Germany. That was a hard pill to swallow. But it is good to think of it that way, the hard, long dreary weather does reward us with beautiful landscapes the other half of the year.
I hate to tell you, but we've been getting the same teasers here. We have had snow the last couple of days, too, and it's freezing outside right now! I'm ready to move back to St. George!
I think it is cold all around, we've had record snowfalls & we'll go several winters without any at all. So yucky, but soon it will be warm & you will be basking in the Hawaiian sunshine!
It's like the world went gray... Sigh. I'm soooo looking forward to the lovely green grass and flowers - they can't come soon enough!
Post a Comment