Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flashing blue lights...

Ok, so have I mentioned I have this wierd kharma with cops whenever Dennis is deployed?

I took the kids to see Sugarland last night on Ramstein. They didn't have any food booths, just a beer kiosk that remained REALLY busy the entire time. So, I took them to eat at the bowling alley afterwards. It was about 10:15 when we pulled out of my parking spot, a parallel spot to the road, but being that late on base, there was NO ONE around. So, I pulled out...and kept going to the main road, where I turned left to head to the gate to exit base.

So, there have been a few times I've been pulled over in the past (I know, you're all aghast, saying "not Lisa, she's such a great driver!" Ok, you can stop laughing now...) and usually, I knew I was going a "little" fast.

But, there have been a few times when I was seriously shocked and sat there dumbfounded while the officer sauntered (yes, I said sauntered. Doesn't it always seem they are sitting back there eating lunch, purposely taking their time to make you stew?) up to my car. Last night was one of those times.

As I turned onto the main street, I'm driving along, ready to get home, when I see those dang flashing blue lights behind me. I even naively thought, "they must need to get around." But, no, as I pulled over, they stop behind me. Crud! Do I have an unlit tail light or something? He asked for the paperwork...license, registration, and ID.

It was at this point I'm still feeling a little high and mighty, so I asked, "What is it for?" (as I'm pulling out my ID's and registration...I'm bold, but not stupid!) He said, "You just went the wrong way on a one-way street." Dangit! He's right! I don't know what to say...see, the one-way I was on, met another one-way coming at me, and you are supposed to turn left before that. I know this...I've driven on that road for nearly 6 years...although coming from the other direction. So, I apologize profusely, admitting my oversight, and he lets me go. I think the 3 kids and lack of alcohol on my breath probably made him feel sorry for me, and he realized it wasn't going to be the big DUI collar he was expecting.

My bad...but I'll be so glad if I don't see those flashing lights in my rear view again for the next 2 months.

3 comments:

Here at home said...

I hate those blue lights. Best of luck in the next 2 months! :)

Krista said...

You make me laugh! Nice you got off and hope you keep "clean" for the final days here!

Rachel said...

Oh I loved those blue lights, and the "make sure your husband takes this to his CO FIRST THING in the morning talks. As IF!