Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ugh...it's just sickly ol' me...

Ok, so you know that feeling of joy you get after childbirth, when you can finally feel semi-normal, climb out of bed without groaning and can't ever imagine feeling as bad as you recently have? That's me today.

No...didn't have any babies recently, but I liken it to the horrible flu I got this weekend. The one that left me in the bathroom every hour for 8 hours straight, then aching so bad the next day that my hair follicles hurt, and you couldn't pay me to get out of bed.

The part I feel really horrible about was the big District Pinewood Derby that Hayden was eligible for because he earned First Place out of the Webelos in our Pack Derby. You had to be present to race, and I couldn't find him a ride after 4 phone calls. I really feel like I let him down, but my head was literally spinning. I couldn't have driven the 1/2 hour to base to take him. He's been pretty understanding, but I know he's disappointed.

With Dennis gone, my kids were on their own...literally. Hayden and McKenna had "FREE FUN" weekend. As long as no major crashes occurred, I pretty much said "Yes" to whatever they asked for. Movies...Wii...computer...candy...more movies. He fixed lunch...Sabrina fixed dinner. All in all, I think they went through 9 packages of Top Ramen (although one of them was meant for me, when they brought me lunch in bed...that I immediately asked them to remove, but aren't they sweet?)

But, today...I'm getting some semblance of my life back. Plus a new appreciation for health and wellness...not to mention I lost about 6 lbs...so a good time to start a diet. But, I can't believe how feeling so bad can make you feel so good, when you finally get back there again. Back to where I am today...feeling like a million bucks, compared to yesterday!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Oh Lisa, I am so very sorry! That is THE worse. Our whole family had it about a week ago and It wa sjust awful. On thurs I was rescueing Angi Crandall (who ran out of gas) but I could have helped out on Friday. Sat I was gone from 1to 7. BTW, they just combined the two 10 year old primary classes and I am teaching both (The Knudsens are almost moved out of here). If you are ever in a situation like that terrible sickness, call me!

Angela said...

There is nothing like getting sick while your husband is deployed or gone. Gotta love how the kids stepped up - even when it's just staying out of trouble! :)

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

About those cards...Yes! We'd love to help you lighten your load by accepting them for CFAC. Appreciate you thinking of us - they'll get put to good use!

Here at home said...

I always say you never know how good you feel until you've felt really bad. I'm glad you feel like a million bucks today.
BTW, thanks for commenting on my blog. It's good to hear from you. I love catching up with you. I can't wait until you come out to Utah. Where for sure are you going to end up? Do you know? So, I live in the same town Jason lives in. Haven't seen him, yet, but it won't be hard to get together when you're here.

Bonnie said...

Ugh is right. If we didn't have sickness we would never appreciate good health. I am glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to see you this summer. Hope we can all get together.