Ok, so in the midst of all this chaos...kids will be kids. McKenna came home from church Sunday and said she showed her BFF, the "other" McKenna, her panties. "I showed her my pretty butterflies."
Greaaat...I can imagine the conversation that happened at their house that night..."so, mommy, McKenna showed me her panties today." Sorry, Leslie.
Are we good enough friends that she'd tell me? Or good enough friends that she won't even mention it? Either way, I can't help but be a little understanding.
It's circa 1975. My family is going to the temple in Los Angeles to be sealed. We make the 4 hour trip, stay with friends, and brought what we thought we needed by way of clothing. All white, pretty dress...everything...except white panties. So, I borrow a pair from the family friends. Pretty little ruffles on the back.
My brother and I are in the nursery, dressed and ready for our big moment. I was playing with a little boy, and oh so proud of those ruffley panties. Yep...caught under the coat rack showing the little boy my ruffles.
They still let me be sealed to my family...thank goodness. And, hopefully no irreparable damage was done to the little boy.
But, I learned my lesson...no more showing off my panties, no matter how pretty. This single incident may have steered me from a destructive path of employment in a gentleman's club. Hopefully McKenna will be as lucky.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Labels:
Mckenna,
My childhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment