This picture about sums up the last week.
McKenna (and I) needed shots...ouch!!
Dennis finally got his orders, then we were able to get in the "system", but we spent 1 hour and 45 min in SATO making travel arrangements.
We waited two days for a phone call from the packers, only to offer to move us THE NEXT DAY!
Furnishings Management Office have no dates available to pick up our loaned furniture and appliances.
Billeting (on base hotel) is full.
I went to cancel our cell phone and was told our contract is through 2011...now every time I call their customer service, I get transferred 4 times and disconnected.
But, the bright spot in all this, though, is that through the kindness of friends, we do have air mattresses to sleep on, camp chairs to sit in, help to clean the rooms, a truck to move our trash and recycle, and even a loaner cookie sheet...which I had to use along with a plastic spoon to brown some hamburger:
After that experience, I decided to not cook any more...I have some food in the house, but am missing either spices, a crucial ingredient, or a cooking utensil.
Oh, I also found out Sabrina is the bomb at cleaning! She wiped out and cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and refrigerator. Who knew?
We will certainly miss Germany, but the last couple of weeks trying to get everything arranged and out of here, has definitely made me excited to get on that plane!

1 comment:
That is a classic picture to sum up your week of getting out! Even though you have had your fair share and then some of challenges, you have kept a smile on your face and humor in your words. Besides, you're moving to the ocean, not much can taint that!
Post a Comment