Ok, so I'm behind...what else is new? And, since I have had two sets of visitors in the last 3 weeks...plus you'll notice my last update was of Christmas. I have lots to post. I've just been lazy about doing so. But, I've had something on my mind...
When Krystal came for her whirlwind visit to Hawaii, it was the best girl time! We laughed, and we played, and we talked. Really talked...about kids, about marriage, and about gospel doctrine. I can honestly say, she left me better than she found me. That's a beautiful friend that can do that. I've been trying to make great improvements lately, and I loved our discussions about that so much.
I also recently stumbled upon a blog, Mormonmomma, with some really thought provoking topics. I love the author's charitable and realistic views of life and others around her. And, while I love a good discussion, I feel that a few of the commenters on some posts are a little close minded, and a tad judgemental. I think that one improvement I've been trying to make is to keep lightness around me. I want to be like Krystal, bringing joy to others, having an open heart, and improving myself every day.
So, thanks to my friend, Julie, I was steered toward HessesMadhouse. Now, SHE seems amazing, which can be a little intimidating, but I like her "voice" so I think I'll follow for a while. I especially enjoyed a recent post about a blog she found that had a A Woman of Noble Character Challenge. I think this goes right in line with some of my goals for the year, so I'm going to try it. She notes that she just recently started it, so I'll be catching up right alongside her. It seems that each week's challenge is based on parts of Proverbs 31.
The challenge states, "Celebrating A Day In Our Life is wonderful and being grateful for the many blessings God has bestowed upon us is good, but are we blessing those around us with strength and dignity. Isn't it more important to be A Woman of Noble Character? Are we worthy to be rewarded for all we do?"
So, for as long as I can keep up, I'll use my blog, not only for family updates, but for reflection, more "musings" and hopefully a little self improvement.
Week 1's challenge: Proverbs 31:10-12 Are you a virtuous and capable wife more precious than rubies? Does your husband trust you, and do you enrich his life? Do you bring him good everyday? Write a post about something you would like to change about yourself, and something you love about yourself. How does this add to the enrichment of your husband's life?
Hmmm.... That's a good question. I believe I'm virtuous...I like to think I have value above rubies. As a daugther of God, I know I do...but some days.... You know...you're tired, and life just gets you behind the eight ball. I know my husband trusts me, and I trust him. We are actually, after 20 years together, in a really good place. I know I work hard to keep our home and raise our kids, so I know that enriches his life. But, I also know that I don't do enough personally just for him.
One thing I love about myself, is that I am organized and can multi-task. I know I accomplish a lot, and have been told by more than one person that it can be intimidating to keep up with.
So, I think that's the one thing I'd also like to change. To slow down, stop trying to do it all. Not that I'd like to accomplish less. But, I want people to feel enriched by me. I want my husband to know he has my full attention. I want my friends to know they don't need to feel less around me. I want to make sure people know I have time for them, not that I'm so busy they can't keep up, or that I can't spare a moment. That will help me enrich and bring joy to him...and others.

3 comments:
We don't see ourselves as others see us- you are a person who does enrich others lives, whether or not you are actively trying to! I am lucky to have you for a friend!
Lisa, thanks for your nice comments and for visiting my blog. You have the gift I wish I had--organization, so I'm looking forward to learning more from YOU.
Yay for these opportunities to "meet" and learn so much from other women from around the globe. I can't wait to read more!
Thank you for the kind words. I left you a better person too. I really want to get more organized. Your skills amaze me. I like your challenge. I am considering it...........
Post a Comment