Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

As it got closer and closer to Christmas, we all commented that it sure didn't feel like Christmas...may be the 80 degree summer weather, may be the still unsettled feeling that's lingering, or may be the fact that last Christmas was probably the hardest we've ever had.

So, I think it all just made me try harder...decorating, baking, planning the perfect holiday. And, it has been a perfect holiday, spending a ton of fun time together, hundreds of cookies delivered, and such a strong spirit filled the chapel during the Christmas program Sabrina and I participated in. Truly a magical Christmas.

Beyond all the stress. Beyond the fact that my grandma's not doing well. Beyond the fact that we are missing family and friends this holiday. True spirit and true love has been felt in the Terry home this week.

We've done tons of baking together...

Took a little time out from slinging flour to fight for the spotlight:



Watched a little reindeer sing a song...

Took our annual family photos...

Set a festive holiday table...

Ate lots of yummy, sweet things...

Started some new traditions, but kept some old ones, like cute matching pajamas...

On top of all that, we made new stockings to replace our missing ones, enjoyed cards and greetings from loved ones, gave and received lots of thoughtful gifts, and laughed more than we have together in a long time. I am grateful that, for this holiday, the memories of time spent together will last far longer than the gifts.

I miss the Christmas markets, our family and friends, my dearest Christine, but this year we pulled together and remembered Christ's love in our lives and found joy in each other-- and in making this season special. A beautiful end to a tough year.

3 comments:

Here at home said...

What a sweet post. Merry Christmas. Thank you for the cute Christmas card. I really appreciate it. I am horrible at doing cards. Every year I think I will do some, and I don't. Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time together as a family. You continue to amaze me with your abilities to create. You have a beautiful family.
I hope you will start to feel more settled there soon.

Leslie said...

Lisa, I love this post! So thoughtful. You and your family really deserved it after your ever changing year. McKenna enjoyed the dance off and by the way, your family photos are SO pretty but I need details, did you do them with a tripod, or did you have a photographer. The lighting was so great! Miss you guys!

Rachel said...

It looks like you had a fun holiday, I love the family pictures too! Merry Christmas!