So, what's been going on this week? Last week was the Big Eddie, a seldom run, invite-only surf contest on the North Shore. There is all this criteria for it to run: the waves, height, barrels...lots of other conditions that mean nothing to my lack of surfing knowledge. We drove up there after the kids got out of school one day...missed the contest, but marveled at the fierocity of the waves. They had closed some of the beaches, including this one. This picture doesn't even do it justice...

I mailed out ALL my cards, and ALL my packages, and got to baking. I had little helpers this year...


10 batches of cookies later...Hey, where did that extra cookie dough go?

We have been enjoying actually getting cards in the mail. Used to be we'd cover an entire door, now just about 1/2 a door the last couple of years...either we're less loved, or not as many want to do the mail thing anymore. Oh, well, I still make the majority of ours...and love it.
Coming home from shopping this week, seeing why we are SO grateful to live on base. While the rest of the area are leaving Hickam and Honolulu, we are coming home, on the right side of the freeway...
Dennis and I had a date night and went to the flight Christmas party...
Saw the coolest sunset while out delivering cookies tonight...
Came home and took the big, bad teenager's door off. (Long story, lots of drama...) Hayden thought it was funny and wouldn't stop taking pictures, so Dennis took his off, too...

What will the next week bring? All preparations are done, tomorrow's the last day of school until winter break, and the weather is beautiful...so, hopefully, lots of peace and fun family time. Who can ask for more?
3 comments:
I'm so glad you do still make your cards, the one this year is so SO pretty! Loved it! Wish we were recipients of your goodies this year, last year was the best plate ever! I'm hoping to do my baking this weekend, after all I bought 4 boxes of REAL butter today, that is 8 cups!~!! If I'm not careful I won't be able to get out of my door to deliver the loot.
Oh, and I'm intrigued by the door . . .
Lovely pictures! What a life you get to have!
Post a Comment