Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feelin' the Love...

Ok, so last week wasn't at the top of my list as far as "fun" goes...but days like today make it all worthwhile. Not because I got extra love from my honey...because, yes, he's still gone. But, after a cozy little Valentine's party with friends Saturday night, I was ok...the holiday come and gone.


But, this is what I came downstairs to this morning. Actually, McKenna let the cat out of the bag when I woke up...said they were downstairs making pancakes...and "all getting along." That is probably the best part of all. Happy Valentine's Day to me! So, when I finished dressing and went downstairs, the table was set with a heart-shaped pancake on each plate.

How cool is that? First, that my kids are old enough to make breakfast (and there was very little mess, to boot!). Second, that they wanted to surprise me with a special treat....and got along doing it. I love my sweeties!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is great, and you really deserved it after last week. Thanks again for my alarmingly large valentine cookie, my hips do not share in the thanks but my tummy is oh so happy!

Rachel said...

I think its great that they even put it on a beautiful plate! You have wonderful kids!

Krista said...

What a wonderful memory! Kids can be so surprising. I looked for you after church on Sunday (as did Jodi) but couldn't find you.