Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Monday, February 23, 2009

This 'n That...

Ok, not so much a bad week, or a good week...just one of those "getting along" weeks. I did get the car fixed and passed inspection (yay!). Of course, I think I paid the mechanic's rent for the month...

But, a couple of things I have been wanting to share...

McKenna is big on Knock Knock jokes right now...too bad she can't recite any. We get a lot of :
McKenna: Knock Knock
Us: Who's there?
McKenna: "Knock Knock, who?" or "orange you glad?"
How do you finish that?

So, I decided to make one up with her that she can remember and wow her friends. (and she can actually carry it off!) It goes like this:
McKenna: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
McKenna: Ach
Me: Ach who?
McKenna: Bless you!
She's so proud!!

And, then there's Hayden...he's definitely our talker. This is always brought to the forefront when he has someone's full attention, as when we get new home teachers, like last night. Here he is...going on and on-- about our cruise, about his love of camoflouge, about Sabrina being a bully to him, about the fire station a block over...it gets almost embarrassing. You have to pretty much cut him off at some point, or the fountain will never stop. He's also my curious george, always asking probing questions and soaking up any bit of knowledge, especially technology related...he thinks email and the internet were created for him. He watched a video online the other night about Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, then proceeded to tell Sabrina and I about the diseases...wish he could tell us why we are having problems with her blood sugar sensor...

Both, Hayden and Sabrina, passed stripe tests this week. Sabrina is starting her brown belt stripe testing, and Hayden is finishing up his red belt. Some of the biggest arguments between them start with who can take who out...wasn't this karate thing Grandpa's idea? So much for harmony...

2 comments:

Krista said...

Lisa, sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday but we everyone is taking a turn at the stomach flu. McKenna is so funny. I'll have t ask her to knock, knock me! Glad you are having and okay week.

Leslie said...

So much better to have a normal week instead of you nightmarish last week. Our McKenna's will have to practice "knock knocking" each other.