Be Happy for this Moment...This Moment is Your Life.



Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What, and get my hair wet?

So, McKenna loves to take a bath, hates to take a shower...she loves to get in the pool, hates to get under the water. She is starting her 4th swimming lesson session next week because of this very fact....she thinks she is sly and when the instructor tells the class to bob under the water, she bounces up and down until they turn their attention away, then when they turn back, she says she did it.
She also has been picking favorites lately...and the number 8 is hot on her list. Yesterday, I was putting away my credit card after placing an online order for swimsuits (her lessons and our move requires new ones for the entire family), when she noticed her favorite number.

Which all brings me to the following conversation:

She, as usual points the number out to me, at which point I capitalize on the teaching moment, and ask her what the number is. She thinks for a second, then says "8". Yes! Ok, so I figure go for broke and try another question:

"What happens when we're 8?"

"We get baptized"

Yay...two for two...can I stop there? No...I have to push and validate my own parental ego that my children are making good choices. So, I ask, "Bet you can't wait to turn 8 so that you can get baptized."

Barely a hesitation, "No, I don't want to get my hair wet."

Oh, well, three years to work on that one....

3 comments:

Angela said...

LOL! She's so precocious!

Leslie said...

That is SO classic of what conversations with 4 year olds are like. What are we going to do when our McKenna's grow out of it!?

kristine said...

That is a mind in motion! She is a doll and to hear her coming out of her shell is adorable.. I only know the bits of McKenna that were soft and meek.. so kudos for her own opinion, at least for now.

Oh Lisa! How are you beautiful women? I never knew this was you until I started to poke around on Leslie's blog. You are a joy and a laugh to keep in tune with.. I am so glad I had the chance to VT you and get to know a cousin more! I hope all is peaceful and yet vivid and full for you and your awesome family. I really miss my other homeland there with all of you!

Maybe we'll get the chance to come back soon.. Travis really just wants to high tale it out when his deployment is over.. so we shall see.. although not seeing everyone again does make me very sad. I am hoping for a visit!!

love,

kristine h
www.tkhammons.com